ABOUT KWIKMART AND THIS POLICY
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA OF PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL / FREELANCE DELIVERY AGENTS WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
Personal data is generally processed for the performance of the task concluded with the Delivery Agent.
We collect the following types of personal data private individual Delivery Agents (both directly and indirectly, such as from third-party sources and publicly available information):
- biographical and contact information including name, telephone number, e-mail address;
- banking or financial information and payment information;
- geographical locations when Delivery Agents are logged into the app (this is required for the service);
- demographical data;
- account information including user ID;
- details of performed tasks, and feedback ratings and duration of provision of tasks;
- earnings/fares estimates, actual earnings/fares and other payment data;
- earnings history and fiscal data;
- text, images, and other user content you provide;
- if we withdraw your right to use the service, issue a warning, a record of that withdrawal or warning;
- identification data of the device on which the Kwikmart Driver app is installed;
- website and communication information such as details collected by cookies and other similar tracking technologies when you use our sites or apps. Details of support queries you make (e.g. through our apps or via other communication channels);
Customer complaints related to the deliveries performed by the Delivery Agent;
● information collected from third parties about you in order to verify any information you supplied to Kwikmart during registration;
We collect and process personal data of users to ensure regulatory compliance, for verifying the user’s (Delivery Agent) qualifications for pursuing this professional activity, and safeguarding the contractual relations associated with the Kwikmart Driver app, including resolving any delivery service quality issues and monitoring your compliance on an ongoing basis.
Kwikmart’s operations team can see the geographic location of a Delivery Agent, information on dispatches and the times of using the service.
USE OF BACKGROUND LOCATION DATA
When you access or use the Kwikmart Driver app, we automatically collect certain data created by you, including:
Location Information Depending on the Kwikmart Driver app services that you use and your App settings or device permissions, Kwikmart Driver app may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address, and WiFi. The Kwikmart Driver app collects location information when the Kwikmart Driver app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device. Kwikmart Driver app may collect location information when the Kwikmart Driver app is running in the foreground. The Kwikmart Driver app may also collect this information when the Kwikmart Driver app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your App settings or device permissions.
Please note that the processing of geographical location data is required for use of the Kwikmart Driver app, and thus background (app open but not on screen) location service must be enabled.
USER PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
You can view your personal data in the Kwikmart Driver app Profile Section of the app. Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active Delivery Agent account, unless your personal data is required to be retained for certain legal or regulatory purposes, or legitimate business purposes including accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes. This follows that:
- If your account will be closed the personal data will be stored for an additional 12- month period.
- In the event of disputes or investigations, the data shall be retained until the claim or investigation is satisfied/resolved or the expiry date of such claims.
After we no longer need your personal data, it will be deleted, securely destroyed or anonymized (according to the policies set out in this section) from the databases,
Please note that the uninstallation of the Kwikmart app from your device does not cause the automatic deletion, destruction or anonymization of your personal data.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We may undertake automatic analysis of your personal data to make certain decisions on an automated basis without human intervention. This may include decisions around:
- Allowing you to use, or to continue to use our app and services - we may use information relating to the outcome of background checks, verification processes and behavioral analysis (such as where your behavior appears to be consistent with money laundering or known fraudulent conduct, or is inconsistent with your previous submissions, or you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity) to automatically decide whether we will allow you to use our apps and
services, or to automatically stop you from using our apps and services. We do this on the basis that it is necessary to enter into a contract with you, or that it is within the substantial public interest (processing to prevent or detect a crime).
- Pricing – we may use information relating to your location and timestamps, the estimated duration and distance of journey related to pickup & delivery tasks, the number of concurrent Pickup Requests and Delivery Agents using the app and our services within the vicinity, estimated traffic and other related information to determine the estimated duration and distances related to tasks.
In relation to each of the instances of automated decision-making referred to above, you may have the right to require us to review the decision; to express your point of view; and to contest the outcome of the decision.
We may reject the request, as permitted by applicable law, including when providing the information would result in a disclosure of a trade secret or would interfere with the prevention or detection of fraud or other crime. However, generally in these circumstances, our response will be limited to verifying (or requesting an applicable third party to verify) that the algorithm and source data are functioning as anticipated without error or bias.
For more information about the rights you may have under applicable data protection law (and how to exercise these), please see the section below titled “Your rights in relation to your personal data”.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AS BETWEEN PICKUPS, RECIPIENTS AND DELIVERY AGENTS
The personal data of Delivery Agents is disclosed to Recipients once the Delivery Agent has accepted the request for delivery service and contract for delivery service is concluded between the Recipient and the Delivery Agent.
The Pickup will see the Delivery Agent’s name, and live track the geographic location of the Delivery Agent for the duration of the task.
The Recipient will see the Delivery Agent’s name and live geographic location of the Delivery Agent. Via Kwikmart Driver app, the Delivery Agent will see the Recipient’s delivery details including the Username and geographic location of the Recipient for the duration of the task..
Pursuant to a data processing agreement concluded between the Delivery Agent and Kwikmart Driver app, after providing the delivery service, the Delivery Agent is entitled to retain the task data related to the performance and earnings of the delivery service for the maximum period of 1 month.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
No data transmission over the Internet or websites can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislative requirements.
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our or our subcontractors’ secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or mobile apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to:
- be provided with details about what personal data we hold about you and to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
- require us to update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold. In order to assist us with this, please keep your user account/app Profile information in the Kwikmart Driver app up to date, or contact us at email@example.com to inform us of any updates that should be made to your personal data;
- withdraw your consent (where our processing activity is based on your consent);
- be provided with a copy of the personal data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider or ask us to transfer this to another data controller (where our processing activity is based on contract performance or consent);
- require us to delete personal data (including where our processing activity is based on your consent or our legitimate interests). Please note that the uninstallation of the Kwikmart Driver app in your device does not itself cause the deletion of your personal data;
- restrict how we use your personal data whilst a complaint is being investigated;
- object to our processing of your personal data (where our processing is based on our legitimate interests); and
- ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated decision making or profiling – please see the section titled “Automated Decision Making” above.
If you would like to exercise a right, we encourage you to contact our customer support via contact details specified below in section “Questions and Updates”. If you exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our websites and apps may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or their processing of your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such third party websites
QUESTIONS AND UPDATES