ABOUT KWIKMART AND THIS POLICY
WHAT TYPES OF CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
Personal data is generally processed in order to provide the service contracted with Kwikmart app. Kwikmart collects data about Customers which may include:
- biographical and contact information including name, telephone number, e-mail address, as collected during installation of the app;
- information related to Order(s) made via Kwikmart app and information related to each Order made (special requests, for example information about allergies, if the Customer decides to provide such information), food and ordering preferences, etc.;
- geographic location from where you access and use the app from and to what location you request delivery to (this is required for the service);
- where you register for an account, your user ID and password and associated account information such as your preferences and any applicable promo codes;
- where you choose to connect to the service from a third party service, such as Facebook, your information from that service;
- feedback ratings (including information provided to resolve disputes);
- payment information and payment history;
- information regarding your order when you are the Customer/your acceptance to deliver orders when you are the Driver, including geographical location, the time of provision of service, details of the route of delivering the Meal and destination; price paid and other order history;
- text, images and other user content you provide;
- If we ban or suspend you from use of the service, a record of that ban or suspension;
- identification data of the device on that you have installed;
- website and communication information such as details collected by cookies and other similar tracking technologies when you use our sites or apps;
- details of support queries you make (e.g. through our apps or via other communication channels), including record of any reported lost items; and
- where we reasonably suspect fraud, details of offences or alleged offences from fraud detection and prevention agencies.
CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
You can view your personal data in the Profile Section of the Kwikmart app. Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active User account, unless your personal data is required to be retained for certain legal or regulatory purposes, or legitimate business purposes including accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes. This follows that:
- If your account will be closed the personal data will be stored for an additional 12- month period.
- In the event of disputes or investigations, the data shall be retained until the claim or investigation is satisfied/resolved or the expiry date of such claims.
Please note that the uninstallation of the Kwikmart app from your device does not cause the automatic deletion, destruction or anonymization of your personal data.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We may undertake automatic analysis of your personal data to make certain decisions on an automated basis without human intervention. This may include decisions around:
- Allowing you to use, or to continue to use our app and services - we may use information relating to the outcome of background checks, verification processes and behavioral analysis (such as where your behavior appears to be consistent with money laundering or known fraudulent conduct, or is inconsistent with your previous submissions, or you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity) to automatically decide whether we will allow you to use our apps and services, or to automatically stop you from using our apps and services. We do this on the basis that it is necessary to enter into a contract with you, or that it is within the substantial public interest (processing to prevent or detect a crime).
- Pricing – we may use information relating to your location and timestamps, the estimated duration and distance of tasks related to deliveries of Orders, the number of concurrent Customers and Delivery Agents using the app and our services within the vicinity, estimated traffic and other related information to determine the estimated duration of tasks related to deliveries.
In relation to each of the instances of automated decision-making referred to above, you may have the right to require us to review the decision; to express your point of view; and to contest the outcome of the decision.
We may reject the request, as permitted by applicable law, including when providing the information would result in a disclosure of a trade secret or would interfere with the prevention or detection of fraud or other crime. However, generally in these circumstances, our response will be limited to verifying (or requesting an applicable third party to verify) that the algorithm and source data are functioning as anticipated without error or bias.
For more information about the rights you may have under applicable data protection law (and how to exercise these), please see the section below titled “Your rights in relation to your personal data”.
DIRECT MARKETING TO USERS
We may contact you with promotional messages regarding the Kwikmart app and our selected business partners’ products and services by in-app notification, email, SMS, phone, social media and where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing on our website or in the Kwikmart app.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES GENERAL DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Kwikmart shares and discloses your personal data to third parties for the purposes and lawful bases set out in the section above titled “How and why we use this personal data”. These third parties may include Merchants where the Customer has ordered from, Drivers who deliver Orders, other service providers, advisors and our group companies,
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AS BETWEEN CUSTOMERS AND DELIVERY AGENTS
The personal data of Delivery Agents is disclosed to Customers once the Delivery Agent has accepted the request for delivery service and contract for delivery service is concluded between the Customer and the Delivery Agent.
The Customer will see the Delivery Agent’s name, vehicle registration details, and geographic location of the Delivery Agent. At the same time, the personal data of the Customer is disclosed to the Delivery Agent with whom the Customer concludes the contract for the delivery service. Via Kwikmart Driver app, the Delivery Agent will see the username of the Customer, geographic location of the Customer and information about the Order made by the Customer (including the Merchant where the Order was placed) and contact phone number of the Customer.
Pursuant to data processing agreement concluded between the Delivery Agent and Kwikmart Driver app, after providing the delivery service, the Delivery Agent is entitled to retain the Customer data related to the performance of the delivery service for the maximum period of 1 month.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AS BETWEEN CUSTOMERS AND MERCHANTS
The personal data of Customers is disclosed to the Merchant once the Customer has placed an Order. The Merchant will see the Customer’s username, contact phone number, information about the Order placed, together with any information submitted by the Customer together with the Order (for example packing instructions, information about any allergies if such information is disclosed by the Customer in the course of placing the Order).
Pursuant to the data processing agreement concluded between the Merchant and Kwikmart Merchant app, after providing the delivery service, the Merchant is entitled to retain the Customer data related to the performance of the service for the maximum period of 1 month.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AS BETWEEN DELIVERY AGENTS AND MERCHANTS
The personal data of Delivery Agents is disclosed to Merchant once the delivery agreement between the Customer and the Delivery Agent is concluded. The Merchant will see the Delivery Agent’s name, vehicle registration, contact phone number, and geographic location of the Delivery Agent.
Pursuant to the data processing agreement concluded between the Merchant and Kwikmart Merchant app, after providing the delivery service, the Merchant is entitled to retain the Delivery Agent data related to the performance of the service for the maximum period of 1 month.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
No data transmission over the Internet or websites can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislative requirements.
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our or our subcontractors’ secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or mobile apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to:
- be provided with details about what personal data we hold about you and to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
- require us to update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold. In order to assist us with this, please keep your user account/app Profile information in the Kwikmart app up to date, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of any updates that should be made to your personal data;
- withdraw your consent (where our processing activity is based on your consent);
- be provided with a copy of the personal data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider or ask us to transfer this to another data controller (where our processing activity is based on contract performance or consent);
- require us to delete personal data (including where our processing activity is based on your consent or our legitimate interests). Please note that the uninstallation of the Kwikmart app in your device does not itself cause the deletion of your personal data;
- restrict how we use your personal data whilst a complaint is being investigated;
- object to our processing of your personal data (where our processing is based on our legitimate interests)
If you would like to exercise a right, we encourage you to contact our customer support via contact details specified below in section “Questions and Updates”. If you exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our websites and apps may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or their processing of your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such third party websites
QUESTIONS AND UPDATES